Mobil Industrial , Canada
Premium Quality Lubricants for Air Compressors
Compressor Oil has been formulated from highly refined paraffinic base oils and high performance additives to provide outstanding lubrication in a variety of rotary and reciprocating air compressors. All ISO viscosity grades are formulated with outstanding oxidation performance, wear protection, resistance to rust and corrosion, rapid water separation and foam control.
Features and Benefits
Compressor Oil is designed to provide long service life in most compressor applications. The thermal stability and oxidation resistance of these fluids can help to maintain cleaner compressors, thereby enabling longer running periods between scheduled maintenance and oil changes. The outstanding anti-wear and corrosion protection are designed to enhance equipment life, while reducing maintenance requirements.
|Features||Advantages and Potential Benefits|
|Outstanding resistance to oxidation and thermal degradation||Reduced deposits and coking, extended service life with the potential for reduced maintenance|
|Potent anti-wear protection||Can help reduce compressor component wear and thereby reduce maintenance requirements|
|Excellent rust and corrosion protection||Internal components are protected from surface degradation, thereby extending component life|
|Rapid release of foam and air release control||Rapid release of foam and air, protecting components from aeration and cavitation damage, leading to reduced wear|
|Rapid water separation from the oil||Less carryover to downstream equipment.|
Reduced sludge formation in crankcases, discharge lines, coalescers, and coolers
- Compressor Oil 68 is suitable for use in rotary vane and screw compressors.
- Compressor 68, 122 and 220 are effective as "once-through" lubrication of reciprocating compressor cylinders as well as crankcases and some types of rotary compressors.
- Recommended for Vacuum pumps and as R&O lubricants in other industrial oil applications
- Compressor Oil is not recommended for breathing air or oxygen compression
- In severe service applications, where equipment is subject to higher operating temperatures, subject to excessive deposits varnish and shortened service life, Mobil Rarus™ 1000 Series is strongly recommended. Mobil Rarus™ 1000 Series is available in ISO grades 32. 46 and 68
- Follow the compressor manufacturers recommendations for lubricant selection
- For gases other than air or natural gas and for specific compressor lubricant recommendations, please your Imperial Oil representative.
|Pour Point °C||-21||-15||-12|
|Flash Point °C||240||230||245|
Health and Safety
The products described on this data sheet are manufactured from high quality petroleum base stocks, carefully blended with selected additives. As with all petroleum products, good personal hygiene and careful handling should always be practiced. Avoid prolonged contact to skin, splashing into the eyes, ingestion or vapour inhalation. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for further information.
Note: The products described on this data sheet are NOT controlled under Canadian WHMIS legislation.
All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries unless indicated otherwise.02-2020