Mobil SHC™ Grease 681 WT
Mobil grease , Belgium
Mobil SHC™ Grease 681 WT is specially formulated to lubricate yaw, pitch and main bearings of wind turbines. It is a high performance synthetic lithium complex grease specially designed to exceed the demanding requirements of wind turbine applications at extreme temperatures. The advanced synthetic base fluid with its low traction coefficient provides excellent low temperature pumpability and very low starting and running torque.
Features and Benefits
- Superb thermal stability and oxidation resistance compared to conventional greases helps provide extended service life with longer relubrication intervals for wind turbines
- Outstanding low temperature performance compared to conventional greases provides excellent protection at low temperatures providing low torque and easy start-up at low temperatures
- Excellent rust and corrosion protection provides enhance performance in wet conditions for reduced downtime and maintenance costs compared to/versus conventional greases
- Outstanding structural stability in the presence of water helps retain grease consistency in hostile aqueous environments
- Excellent low temperature pumpability provides reliable lubrication of bearings using centralized grease systems or grease dispensers.
- Low traction base oil coefficient offers potential improved mechanical life and reduced energy costs versus conventional greases.
- Increased oil viscosity for extra protection with excellent low temperature properties
- No dye for improved housekeeping
- Excellent performance in the Wind Industry Riffel test
- Mobil SHC Grease 681 WT is an NLGI 1.5 Grade extreme pressure grease with ISO VG 680 synthetic base fluid recommended for tough wind turbine applications requiring addition EHL protection
- Mobil SHC Grease 681 WT meets most specifications of wind turbine builders and component suppliers and can demonstrated outstanding performance in the lubrication of yaw, pitch, and generator bearings either manual greased or using centralized grease systems or grease dispensers.
- Recommended application temperature range for continuous operation is from -40º C to 150ºC with proper regreasing intervals
|Mobil SHC Grease 681 WT|
|Thickener Type||Lithium Complex|
|Penetration, Worked, 25ºC, ASTM D 217||305|
|Dropping Point, ºC, ASTM D 2265||260|
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445,cSt 40ºC
|Viscosity of Oil, ASTM D 445,cSt100oC
|Roll Stability, Pen Change, ASTM D 1831, mm/10||10|
|4-Ball Wear Scar, ASTM D 2266||0.6|
|4-Ball Weld, ASTM D 2596, Load, Kg||250|
|Water Washout, ASTM D 1264, Loss at 79ºC. % wt||7|
|EMCOR Rust Test, 10 % Synthetic Sea Water, ASTM 6138||0,0|
|Corrosion Protection, ASTM D 1743, Rating||Pass|
|Copper Strip Corrosion, ASTM D 4048, Rating||1a|
Health and Safety
Health and Safety recommendations for this product can be found on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) @ http://www.msds.exxonmobil.com/psims/psims.aspx
All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries unless indicated otherwise.06-2023