Somentor A Series
Mobil industrial , Italy
Fully Compounded Cold Rolling Oils
Somentor AH 45, AH 70 and AL 70 are premium quality, fully compounded oils suitable for cold rolling of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. These oils are formulated with high quality base stocks and specially selected roll oil additives to meet the demanding performance requirements of these applications.
Features and Benefits
Somentor A Series oils are formulated to efficiently provide quality production of cold rolled parts made from steel or non-ferrous metals. Features and benefits include:
- Delivery of a bright surface finish on rolled metal
- Clean evaporation in the annealing process to prevent residues/deposits
- Easy filtration to extend the life of the oil
- Suitable for a wide range of metals
- Low viscosity of Somentor AH45 improves cooling efficiency and can be blended to cost effectively adjust the viscosity of AH 70 and AL 70 cold rolling oils.
Somentor A Series provide reliable and efficient lubrication and cooling during a wide variety of cold rolling applications.
- Suitable for a wide range of ferrous and non-ferrous metals, Somentor A series products can be used to cold roll high carbon, austenitic and ferritic stainless steel, as well as copper and copper alloys.
- Somentor A series is suitable for use on all mill configurations including 4 hi mills through to 20 hi multi-roll mills.
- Somentor A series products are suitable for the lubrication of back up bearings in multi-hi mills.
- Can be used in applications where filter systems employ active and/or inactive earth filter media.
- Somentor A series grades are suitable for use in rolling mill hydraulic systems to reduce contamination effects, depending on pump suitability for low viscosity oils.
|Grad||AH 45||AH 70||AL 70|
|Appearance, visual||Clear and Bright||Clear and Bright||Clear and Bright|
|Kinematic Viscosity, ISO 3104|
|mm2/s @ 40ºC||4.2||7.3||7.2|
|Pour Point, ºC, ISO 3016||-6||-6||-6|
|Flash Point, ºC, ISO 2592||140||152||160|
|Density @15 ºC kg/l, ASTM D 4052||822||852||850|
|Neutralization Number, mgKOH/g, ISO 6618||‹0.05||‹0.1||‹0.1|
Health and Safety
Based on available information, this product is not expected to produce effects on health when used for the intended application and the recommendations provided in the Material Safety Data sheet (MSDS) are followed. MSDS’s are available upon request through your sales contract office, or via the Internet on (insert Internet address). This product should not be used for purposes other than its intended use. If disposing of used product, take care to protect the environment.
The Mobil logotype, the Pegasus design, and Somentor are trademarks of ExxonMobil Corporation, or one of its subsidiaries.06-2021