Mobil™ Brake Fluid DOT 4
Mobil passenger-vehicle-lube , New Zealand
Mobil Brake Fluid DOT 4 is an extra high performance hydraulic brake fluid for use in automotive disc, drum and anti-skid brake systems and clutch systems.
Features and Benefits
Mobil Brake Fluid DOT 4 is based on polyethylene glycol ether technology to provide the highest level of brake and clutch performance in modern as well as older model automotive and commercial vehicles. Key features and benefits include:
Advantages and Potential Benefits
High boiling point
Consistent and safe brake performance under severe braking pressure
Minimum rubber component swell
Reduces leakage and loss of fluid to a minimum
Excellent corrosion protection
Extended life and reliability of brake system components
Mobil Brake Fluid DOT 4 is recommended by ExxonMobil for use in applications requiring disc, drum and anti-skid braking systems used in average to high performance vehicles requiring DOT 3 or DOT 4 level performance. Recommendations for use include:
• Use only in its concentrated form out of a previously unopened or well sealed container
• Always seal the container immediately after use as the fluid absorbs moisture from the atmosphere quite rapidly; this will reduce service life significantly.
• Never reuse drained brake fluid.
• Brake fluid can affect the vehicle paintwork, so remove spills immediately without rubbing.
• Brake fluid should be drained from the vehicle every two years or 40,000 Km (24,000 Miles) and refilled.
• Check Owners Operators Manual for details.
Specifications and Approvals
This product meets or exceeds the requirements of the following industry specification:
FMVSS 116 DOT 3
FMVSS 116 DOT 4
ISO 4925:2005 Class 3
ISO 4925:2005 Class 4
Health and safetyHealth and Safety recommendations for this product can be found on the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) @ http://www.msds.exxonmobil.com/psims/psims.aspx
All trademarks used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Exxon Mobil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries unless indicated otherwise.11-2022