In the most general form, the following formula can be used to determine your cost savings: Savings over time = (Costs associated with Lubricant A) – (Costs associated with Lubricant B). However, it is important to understand how to properly account for ALL of the costs of a lubricant. This article explains the primary factors to consider.
Opportunities to reduce your impact on the environment through lubrication selection or practices include:
- Upgrade to a lubricant that provides extended lubricant life
- Switch to a more energy efficient lubricant
- Choose lubricants that can help minimize environmental impact
- Get the most out of a used oil analysis program, like Mobil Serv™ Lubricant Analysis
- Identify and fix leaks
- Implement a lubricant recycling program