Detailed lubrication instructions
Expert advice designed to help build an effective lubrication program that leads to improved lubricant application and an enhanced bottom line.
Engineers apply their expertise to help you develop a thorough lubrication instruction plan, providing detailed instructions for equipment, as well as charts documenting recommended lubricants (including change frequency, service intervals, pictures and application method).
We work with you to:
- Determine current lubricant’s use and performance history
- Recommend proper lubricants
- Develop detailed lube instructions for each piece of equipment, covering change frequency, proper lube, application method, lube routing, etc.
- Incorporate recommendations into a formal Engineering Service Report and present to plant management
- Provide advice on maintenance scheduling software and other lubrication-related tools, as well as relevant lubrication training
Deliverable: The Engineering Service Report and Lube Charts document lubrication instructions for each piece of equipment in the plant.
Common opportunity areas
- Determine proper relubrication intervals
- Determine proper relubrication amounts
- Inaccessible lubrication points
- Inadequate knowledge of machine history and performance
Safety, health and environment
Our field engineers are attuned to the hazards of handling, storing and using petroleum products. They strictly observe safety and environmental rules, as well as ExxonMobil and customer safety practices. They coordinate efforts through designated plant personnel verifying electrical and mechanical lockout and proper tagging prior to working on equipment, and providing recommendations to help reduce hazards.