Startup and compatibility services
This service enables lubricant optimization, verified startup procedures and determination of compatibility.
Our highly qualified engineers use their lubricant knowledge to identify compatibility situations and determine current machinery conditions. They evaluate the compatibility of recommended replacement fluids, cleanliness requirement and lubricant application with current fluids and machine components. Then, they identify operational and design improvements to maximize equipment and lubricant life.
We work with you to provide a list of recommendations that can maximize lubricant and equipment life such as:
- Verify system materials that will be in contact with lubricant and compatibility with recommended lubricants
- Provide draining and flushing procedures
- Perform compatibility testing by submitting samples to the laboratory
- Review filtration and reclamation practices
- Define storage and handling practices
- Conduct on-site training for plant and maintenance personnel
- Consult with equipment builders as appropriate
- Help define oil sampling and testing frequency as part of maintenance bet practice
- Recommend appropriate greases for equipment, application frequency and quantity
Deliverable: An Engineering Service Report documents findings and recommendations with appropriate support, including proper flushing and changeover procedures.
Common opportunity areas
- Other lubricants
- Water-based fluids
- Machinery components
- Seal material
Safety, health and environment
Our field engineers are attuned to the hazards of handling, storing and using petroleum products. They strictly observe safety and environmental rules, as well as ExxonMobil and customer safety practices. They coordinate efforts through designated plant personnel verifying electrical and mechanical lockout and proper tagging prior to working on equipment, and providing recommendations to help reduce hazards.