Mobil Pegasus™ 805 gas engine oil helps reduce downtime and increase productivity*
Achieved oil drain interval of1,500 hours
An oil company installed a Waukesha L7042 and two Waukesha 5790 GSI Series gas engines for gas compression and injection. These heavy-duty gas engines operate continuously, 24/7, in a very difficult environment. The oil company wanted to optimize their lubricant consumption by increasing oil drain intervals, thereby decreasing downtime and increasing productivity.
ExxonMobil engineers offered Mobil Pegasus™ 805 gas engine oil, which is also approved by Waukesha, to replace the competitive gas engine oil. Mobil Pegasus™ 805 oil provides exceptional oxidation and nitration stability, corrosion protection and thermal stability.
Following the changeover, Mobil ServSM Lubricant Analysis results documented the following benefits with the Mobil Pegasus™ 805 oil:
- Extended oil drain intervals from 750 to 1,500 hours*
- Kept cylinder heads clean
- Maintained valve seats clean with proper clearance
- Reduction in filter consumption
- Reduction in downtime and increase in productivity
- Average annual savings per engine totals US $41,519:
- Oil savings: US $1,226
- Filter savings: US $1,693
- Productivity savings: US $38,598
*This proof of performance is based on the experience of a single customer. Actual results can vary depending upon the type of equipment used and its maintenance, operating conditions and environment, and any prior lubricant used.