FAQs for Mobil 1™ Extended Performance Oil Filters
ExxonMobil offers Mobil 1™ Extended Performance Oil Filters, which provide longer‐lasting protection, up to one year or 20,000 miles between oil changes, whichever comes first. Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filters have the following benefits:
- Keeps oil cleaner, longer – 99%+ efficiency*
- Synthetic blend media keeps oil cleaner and holds more dirt†
- Protects 2X as long
- Tested and proven at double auto manufacturers’ recommended oil change intervals
- Extra strength built‐in
- Strong, durable components for long‐lasting performance
- Heavy‐duty canister withstands 9X the normal system operating pressure‡
- Enhanced nitrile gasket helps prevent leaks
- Designed for use with all engine oil types and brands
- Meets the requirements of the Mobil 1™ Annual Protection motor oil limited warranty
*Efficiency rating based on removing particles greater than 30 microns
†Versus economy filter brands
‡SAE HS‐806 Test Procedure M1‐301
Simply follow these six essential steps for easy installation:
- Use the proper cap tool to remove the oil cap.
- Observe the positioning of the O-ring in the O-ring groove, then remove the old O-ring without damaging the plastic or metal cap.
- Clean the cap and housing carefully.
- Lubricate the new O-ring and cap seat completely with clean motor oil.
- Install the new O-ring in the O-ring groove so it does not touch the cap’s threads.
- Replace the cap and torque it with the correct tool to the recommended foot‐pound spec.